Neighborhood Ready - The City's crime prevention and disaster preparedness program for neighborhoods.
As a registered Neighborhood Ready group, the City will support you by:
- Providing training workshops on reducing opportunities for crime, first aid and emergency preparedness.
- Providing technical expertise.
- Installing Neighborhood Watch signs.
- Providing materials for projects, as possible.
Neighborhood Ready groups agree to:
- Work with neighbors to make your neighborhood more resilient to crime and emergencies.
- Hold an annual event for neighbors.
- Participate in the Neighborhood Association.
Start a Neighborhood Ready group
We are very excited about this program and it is already in use in several Sutherlin city blocks! We will be very happy to have you on board and joining our team as well.
- Email email@example.com to fill out a volunteer form and learn how to become a Block Captain.
- Invite your neighbors to attend a meeting. Here is information about MYN (Map Your Neighborhood) on this tri-fold brochure. Contact the Emergency Manager when ready to schedule your first meeting. At your first meeting we will learn how to:
- Establish neighborhood boundaries for your group.
- Create a neighborhood map and a contact list of members.
- Identify issues.
- Develop an action plan.
- Discuss 9 steps of readiness as a block.